‘We don’t believe you, Juan Cala’ – Valencia release strongly-worded statement after Cadiz player denies racially abusing Mouctar Diakhaby

Juan Cala has strenuously denied racially abusing Mouctar Diakhaby – prompting a strongly-worded response from Valencia.

The Cadiz defender is alleged to have called Valencia’s Diakhaby a ‘black s***’ in the first half of Saturday’s LaLiga clash.

Diakhaby was furious with the alleged racial insult
A scuffle broke out between the teams before Valencia walked off the pitch

Diakhaby was left furious and rowed with Cala in the middle of the pitch before the entire Valencia team walked off in solidarity with their teammate.

Valencia returned to complete the match after being warned they would face sanctions if they didn’t but without their French defender, who was substituted.

On Tuesday, Diakhaby posted a video on social media in which he detailed the alleged abuse, stating Cala had called him a ‘black s***’.

He described the remarks as ‘intolerable’ and declared it ‘cannot happen in normal life and especially in football, which is a sport of respect’.
He also called for the Spanish league to take action.

Diakhaby outlined what was allegedly said to him by Cala in a social media video post
Instagram/mouctar_dkh

Cala, however, has strenously denied the allegations of racial abuse.

In an extraordinary press conference hosted by Cadiz, he claimed he had been subjected to a ‘public lynching’.

“I never said black s***. I didn’t say it to him and that’s clear,” Cala insisted.

“Everything he says is false. If there is any Cadiz player who has said that I was going to apologise, I’ll quit football. This is a media lynching.

“Either he made it up or he understood something else when I said ‘leave me alone’.

“The best thing would have been to get me and (Diakhaby) together in a room to explain what happened. Instead, it’s been a circus. I was judged before the game was over.

“Nobody from Valencia told me anything. I have been a professional for 12 years. I have lived together with Chinese, Africans, South Americans…I’ve shared a dressing room with Benjamin, Kanoute…”

In a press conference, Cala maintained his innocence and insisted he would quit football if one of his teammates confirmed he had been racist
CadizFC

Cala, who says he has received threats on social media, maintained he will fight to defend his reputation.

“I will take legal action against all the people who have tried to play on my honour. My lawyer is gathering information,” he added.
“I have the full support of the club and it will take measures against the entire institution or person that damages the image of Cadiz.”

In response to Cala’s claims of innocence, Valencia released a strongly-worded statement calling on the Cadiz player to accept his mistake and apologise to Diakhaby.

The statement was captioned on the club’s official Twitter page as: “Juan Cala, we don’t believe you”.

The full statement read: “Valencia CF are deeply saddened by statements made by Cadiz CF player Juan Cala this Tuesday, in which 48 hours later, he denied racially insulting Mouctar Diakhaby during the LaLiga match played last Sunday at the Ramón de Carranza.

“Cala has missed a great opportunity to accept his mistake and apologise to the player affected. Instead of doing this, he attacked both Diakhaby and other members of Valencia CF.

“Valencia CF wish to reiterate that we believe our player and back him completely.

“After the threats made by Cala in his press conference this Tuesday, April 6th, the club, president Anil Murthy and Mouctar Diakhaby himself remain firm in the conviction to fight to the end, wherever necessary, on the matter for the good of football and society.

“Valencia CF will not stop fighting for an improvement in protocol and in the battle against racism in football.”

Source: Sport

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *