Match Preview: Manchester City Vs Arsenal – Premier League 2022-23

Our website contain pop-up ads which serve as revenue source to provide various latest contents for you

Match Preview: Arsenal vs Manchester City – Premier League 2022-23


The highly anticipated Arsenal vs Manchester City match is set to take place and it could potentially determine the winner of this year’s Premier League title. Both teams have been performing exceptionally well throughout the season, making this match the biggest one of the campaign.

However, Arsenal’s poor record against Manchester City is a cause for concern. The Gunners have lost their last 11 Premier League matches against City, making it their longest losing streak against a single opponent in the league’s history. In addition, Arsenal have lost all six of their Premier League trips to the Etihad Stadium during Pep Guardiola’s reign, failing to score in seven of their last ten meetings. In fact, Arsenal haven’t won away at Man City since January 2015 (2-0).

Arsenal will be without William Saliba due to injury, while Mohamed Elneny and Takehiro Tomiyasu will also miss the match. Granit Xhaka is a doubt after missing their last game due to illness. On the other hand, Gabriel Jesus and Oleksandr Zinchenko, who both won the Premier League title with Manchester City in the previous two seasons, are fit to face their former club. Nathan Ake is the only definite absentee from City’s pre-match team news due to a hamstring injury.

The pressure is on for Arsenal, as Manchester City is only five points behind them with two games in hand.

To keep their title hopes alive, Arsenal needs to win this game and break their losing streak against City. However, it won’t be an easy task given their poor record against the reigning Premier League champions.

All eyes will be on the Emirates Stadium as these two teams battle it out for three crucial points.

Mikel Arteta, who was previously an assistant to Pep Guardiola at Manchester City, will be hoping to turn the tide and guide Arsenal to victory. However, he has yet to beat his former boss in the Premier League, losing all six games they have faced each other as managers in the competition.

With such a pivotal game on the horizon, both teams will be eager to secure a win. Manchester City will look to continue their dominance over Arsenal and close the gap at the top of the table. Meanwhile, Arsenal will be desperate to end their losing streak against City and maintain their position at the summit of the Premier League.

The clash between these two giants of English football promises to be an exciting encounter, with both teams possessing an abundance of talent and quality. As the match approaches, fans will be eagerly anticipating the outcome of what could be a defining moment in the title race.

Last Match : Arsenal vs Mancity

Arsenal 1-3 Manchester City: 15 February 2023 (Premier League)

Arsenal 1-3 Manchester City Goals


In February, Manchester City secured an important 3-1 victory against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium in a rearranged Premier League fixture. At the time of the game, City were three points behind Arsenal in the standings, but with a game in hand. The win brought them level on points with Arsenal and ahead of them on goal difference in the Premier League table.

During the game, Arsenal suffered due to individual errors. Takehiro Tomiyasu’s backpass to goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale was underhit and picked up by Kevin de Bruyne, who chipped the ball over Ramsdale to score the opening goal for City after 24 minutes.

Arsenal managed to draw level just before half-time with Bukayo Saka scoring from the spot after City’s goalkeeper Ederson fouled Eddie Nketiah. However, City came back stronger in the second half, and secured all three points thanks to goals from Jack Grealish and Erling Haaland. Grealish’s goal was another result of an error, this time seeing Gabriel lose possession in his own half to Bernardo Silva.

Erling Haaland’s goal was significant as it was his 26th in the Premier League this season, which equalled the record set by Sergio Agüero in the 2014-15 season for the most goals by a Manchester City player in a single EPL campaign.

This was Manchester City’s second competitive win against Arsenal in the 2022-2023 season, having previously knocked them out of the FA Cup in January with a 1-0 victory. Nathan Aké scored the only goal of the game past Gunners’ goalkeeper Matt Turner in the second half of the fourth-round tie at the Etihad Stadium.



Arsenal 1-3 Manchester City 2022-23

Key Players

Manchester City: Erling Haaland

The choice is obvious – Erling Haaland is Man City’s most likely match-winner.

Across all competitions in 2022-23, Haaland has scored 48 goals in 42 appearances – a record for a Premier League player across all comps in a single season.

The striker has scored 38% of City’s 127 competitive goals in 2022-23, and his 48 goals are only one fewer than their next four highest scorers in 2022-23 combined (Riyad Mahrez’s 15, Julián Álvarez’s 14, Phil Foden’s 13 and Kevin De Bruyne’s seven).

Haaland has scored 32 Premier League goals for Man City this season, the joint-most ever by a player in a 38-game campaign in the competition.

Twenty of these goals have come at the Etihad Stadium, the most home goals by a player in a season since 2007-08 when Man Utd’s Cristiano Ronaldo (Old Trafford) and Liverpool’s Fernando Torres (Anfield) each scored 21.

Erling Haaland Goals in 2022-23 Man City

Arsenal: Gabriel Martinelli

Not only is Martinelli a goal threat in this Arsenal side,

but he’s their most creative player in open play, too.

Both his overall xG assisted (7.71) and xG assisted per 90 (0.27) from open play this season are the best of any Arsenal player to have played at least 1,000 minutes.

Martinelli should start ahead of January signing from Brighton, Leandro Trossard,

as part of a three-pronged attack alongside Saka and Jesus.

Top scoring Brazilians Premier League
Manchester City vs Arsenal Prediction


According to the Our projections, Manchester City have a 62% chance of beating Arsenal in their potential Premier League title decider. On the other hand, Arsenal’s chances of securing all three points at the Etihad Stadium are rated at 15.3%, while the likelihood of a draw is at 22.7%.

This game is a must-win for Arsenal, as per the Opta supercomputer’s projections. If they manage to secure all three points, their chance of winning the 2022-23 Premier League title would be projected at 56%, giving them an edge over Man City who would then have a 44% chance of winning the title.

However, if Manchester City win, the title race is likely to be all but over, with the Opta supercomputer estimating a 91% chance of Guardiola’s side securing a third successive EPL title. In case of a draw, the odds are still in City’s favor, with the Opta supercomputer rating their chances of winning the league at 72% if the game ends level at the Etihad Stadium.



Premier League Title Chances

Our website contain pop-up ads which serve as revenue source to provide various contents for you

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Financial Calculator

Percentage Calculator

1805 GAMES

Pup Puzzle




Our website contain pop-up ads which serve as revenue source to provide various contents for you